Sunday 19 July 2015




15th July 2015
Uig to Roy Bridge
Another great ride today (yes I know I say that a lot but anyone who has been to the North West of Scotland will understand).  After a good breakfast we did a lap around the top of the island and up to a look-out, I don’t think there was anyone who wasn't at the view point it was packed.  We continued on to Portree which is the major town on the island, had a coffee and then continued on down to Roy Bridge.  We rode past beautiful castles and more great views. 
 
Scotland does great scenery but it doesn't do summer.  All the thermals have been on, the liners are in and I am really wishing that I hadn't sent my winter gloves in a package to Switzerland.  Our hotel for the night was more affordable as were the pub meals.  It was in need of a bit of TLC but cosy.  

Ready to leave Uig and views of Uig harbour.


No your not seeing things my on the go's aren't alway straight.

The single lane road around the North of Skye.


Lots of on the go’s again today.


Portree




Bridge from Skye to the mainland.










Stay! Stay!

Mine your P’s & Q’s.


More on the go's. 





 









No comments: